Friday, July 30, 2010

Rack Of Lamb With Garlic and Herbs



I've only had lamb a hand full of times and each of those has been in a curry sauce so when I ran across this recipe I figured I'd give it the 'ol college try. I channeled my inner Julia and got to work. I found this recipe so easy to make and absolutely delicious. Even my very picky husband loved it. It will definitely become a go to recipe for dinner parties. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
For Lamb:
2 (8-rib) frenched racks of lamb, trimmed of most of it's fat
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. vegetable oil

Herb Coating:
3-4 large garlic cloves, minced
1/4 Cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
1 Tbsp. finely chopped thyme
2 tsp. finely chopped rosemary
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil

Direction:

To Brown Lamb:
Heat a heavy skillet over high heat for about 2 minutes. During those 2 minutes, pat the lamb dry and rub with salt and pepper. Add the oil to the hot skillet. Now add the lamb and brown on all sides. I had to do this in 2 batches which took 10-12 minutes per rack.

Coat and Roast the Lamb:
Put the oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Stir together the garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, and oil. Rub the meat with the herb mixture. You'll have to press it a bit for it to stick. Place the lamb in a roasting pan fitted with a roasting rack. Roast for 15 minutes, then cover lamb loosely with foil and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted diagonally into the center of the meat reads 120 degrees. Mine was cover with the foil for about 12 minutes.

Let the lamb stand, covered, for about 10 minutes before cutting.

Thokoleza ukudla!

Adapted from: Epicurious

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing! My husband's favorite meat is lamb, but sadly, I don't love it. So I keep trying new things hoping that I'll learn to love it. This will have to go on the list. :)

    Also...I have the same plates. I'm such a sucker for paisley.

    ReplyDelete