Saturday, July 31, 2010

Shrimp Scampi




I know I know you're probably saying Shanda everyone has a shrimp scampi recipe so I'll just stick to my usual. But I'll tell you one thing, if you pass on this buttery lip smacking recipe you'll kick yourself.
Most of you know that I have a soft spot in my heart for unusual and fun cookbooks so when I found a Sopranos cookbook I couldn't resist buying it. Who knows Italian dishes better than the Sopranos? I know they're a fictional cable TV family but their meals always looked so good that I would get hungry just watching the show. When I got this cookbook, I flipped through and found a ton of recipes I wanted to try. This is the first one I cooked and I found it so easy that it had to become one of my fast weeknight go-to meals. This is certainly a crowd pleaser in my house and it's sure to be one in yours. And by crowd pleaser I really mean my husband. If you love buttery savory dishes you'll love this one just as much as we do. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

4 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3-4 large garlic cloves, minced
16 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Pinch of salt
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Pasta

Directions:

Put water on to boil for the pasta. I prefer to use angel hair pasta but feel free to use whatever you like.

In a large skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil on medium heat. When the foam starts to settle, stir in the garlic. Stir the garlic frequently until it's a light golden color. Be careful not to let the garlic brown or burn.

Increase the heat to medium-high and add the yummy shrimp and salt to taste. Cook the shrimp 2-3 minutes or until they are just pink. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and cook for an additional minute.

Add the cooked pasta to the shrimp and toss to cook pasta with the garlic-butter sauce.

Sprinkle with parsley and serve to a very hungry husband.

(bil-hanā' wa ash-shifā') بالهناء والشفاء / بالهنا والشفا

Adapted from: The Sopranos Family Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment