Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hot Wings



Every Friday evening I sit down with my cookbooks, recipe binder and notepad to make my menu and grocery list for the following week. Last Friday I was at a loss for what to make for next Friday's dinner so I turned to Jason and asked him what he wanted. His usual answer to that question is steak and potatoes which is why I don't bother asking anymore but he threw me for a loop when he said he wanted wings. With a request like that how could I say no. After all, I do love a good wing. Most of the time when we want wings we'll go to a local bar when it's $.20 wing night but I just knew I could make a wing to rival $.20 wing night. I consulted my favorite blogs and found this on PW's website.

This recipe is very easy and very tasty. You can also substitute the Franks Hot Sauce for any flavor wing sauce. You can always check out the sauces at Cluck-U which tend to be good especially if you're making wings for some who like it extremely hot and others who like them mild. The Frank's Hot Sauce tends to be somewhat mild with just a little tingle on the lips at the end.


Ingredients:
2 pounds chicken wingettes or drummettes
Canola oil or peanut oil
2 sticks butter
1 bottles Frank's Red Hot Sauce (12 ounces)
Tabasco sauce
Salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
Pat dry the wings with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.

In a deep skillet or a deep fryer, if you have one, pour about 1 1/2 inches of oil or to the minimum fill line in the fryer. Heat the oil until it reaches about 360 degrees. When the oil reaches 360, place the wings in the oil. Use a pair of tongs to move them around to prevent from sticking to the bottom.

While the chicken is frying, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the entire bottle of Franks Hot Sauce. Stir well until combined. Add Tabasco sauce to taste.

When the chicken is done, place them on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Place a few wings in the saucepan at a time stirring to coat the entire wing. Repeat until all of the chicken has been coated with yummy goodness.

Serve with blue cheese or ranch dip.

食飯 (sihk faahn)

Adapted from: Pioneer Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment