Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Heath Bar Cookies


I made these cookies for my friend Liz and her husband and baby when they moved to a nearby town. We have been very good friends for many years but for the last 3 years she lived over an hour away. When she told me they were moving closer and would now be only 15 minutes away, I did a little happy dance then started to plan what I was going to put in their welcome to Maryland basket.

I was hoping to have a Maryland themed basket with all types of crab do-dads but when I ran across this recipe I knew these would be perfect. I first tried Heath Bar cookies several years ago at a local bakery and they were so rich and yummy that I was a little worried that these wouldn't live up to that. Boy was I wrong! These cookies are just the right balance of buttery toffee goodness.

My friend and her husband still rave about these cookies so I figured these were a must for the blog. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking soda
1 cup Butter, softened
3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Brown sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
2 cups Toffee bites



Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside. In a stand mixer cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla. Slowly mix the flour into the butter mixture until well combined. Now fold in the toffee bites. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes up to overnight.

Spoon about 2 tablespoon of cookie dough into the palm of your hand and gently form a ball. Place each ball on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, checking after 8 minutes for browned edges. Once the edges start to brown remove them from the oven and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet. Then allow them to finish cooling on a wire rack.

Verði þér að góðu

Adapted from: The Novice Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment