Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ginger Steak Salad




I think I've said before that my husband is an extremely picky eater so when I saw this recipe I was a little nervous about making it. Then I remembered how much he likes the salad dressing at a local Japanese restaurant which also has a ginger base. I figure if he likes that, he may like this too and what really sealed the deal is that I already had all of the ingredients. Score!

I was so surprised when my husband ate this he fell in love with the dressing. He has even asked me to make this dressing to have in the fridge for whenever we have salad. Double score! I'm finally getting him to eat salad without his old stand by Italian dressing.

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.

Ingredients:
Marinade:

2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp. Sherry
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. brown sugar
1 whole Rib-eye steak
2 Tbsp. olive oil

Salad Dressing:
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp white sugar
1 Tbsp lime juice
2-3 garlic cloves, finely diced
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced (optional)

Salad:
2 green onions, sliced
8 ounces salad green

Directions:
Combine the marinade ingredients in a ziploc bag and place steak in the bag. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. I usually put it in the fridge before I leave for work so it's nice and tasty when I get home.

Combine the salad dressing ingredients and green onions. Whisk it to within an inch of its life.

When the steak has finished marinating, heat a skillet until it's nice and hot. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook the steak about 1 1/2-2 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from the skillet and allow to rest and cool slightly.

Toss the salad greens with 3/4 of the dressing. Thinly slice the steak and place on top of the salad greens. Pour the remaining dressing over the top and enjoy.

Καλή όρεξη! (Kalí óreksi!)

Adapted from: The Pioneer Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment