Monday, September 20, 2010

Gingery Glazed Asian Ribs



I stumbled upon this recipe almost a year ago but for some reason I waited until the summer to try it. Call me odd but I think ribs are a summer food so I rarely cook them in the winter. This certainly a recipe for year round cooking since you don't need to grill them. Not to mention these ribs are tender and tasty and melt in you mouth. I'm starting to think I must love all things ginger because I'm finding I tend to gravitate towards recipes with fresh ginger.

As you can tell from the picture, this is a very saucey rib. I'm not a big fan of ribs with rub and no sauce. There's something about licking your fingers and having sauce on your chin that just melts my butter. I feel the same way about BBQ chicken. What can I say...I'm a sauce girl.

Ingredients:

3 pounds Baby back ribs (about 2 racks)
Black pepper
1/2 cup Hoisin Sauce
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Ginger, grated
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 cup Sushi Rice
Kosher Salt
2 Scallions, thinly sliced

Directions:

In a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic; spoon half of the glaze over the ribs. Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake until the ribs are tender, 40 to 45 minutes.
After the ribs have been cooking for 20 minutes, combine the rice, 1 1/2 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and bring to a boil. Stir once, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 18 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork before serving.

Heat the broiler. Spoon off and discard all but 1/2 cup of the rib pan drippings. Cut the racks of ribs into individual ribs, return to the roasting pan, and brush with the remaining glaze. Broil until just beginning to char, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve the ribs over the rice, drizzle with any cooking juices, and sprinkle with the scallions. Enjoy!

Adapted from: Real Simple

1 comment:

  1. My name is Shanda Gingery so this post came up when I googled myself. :-) Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete